Leaders find limitless energy within themselves to create a better future
Bosses cling to the past and cope with the present
There is a key difference between a Leader and a boss. Leaders are people that are responsible for inspiring, guiding and leading a group of people on a path for a common cause. A boss is a person who is in charge of the work place. Yet a leader could be the boss or a boss could be a leader, while it could be the complete opposite where a leader is not a boss, nor is a boss a leader. Not all bosses are leaders, but they both play an important role in our lives.
Leaders lead with values, Bosses command with position power ….
Nowadays, there are too many bosses, but too few leaders around. The difference is simple yet not many are aware of it, leaders do whatever it takes to maximize their employees’ engagement; while bosses just want to enjoy the privileges of their position.
- A boss only sees things in black and white, while the leader also sees the grey
- A boss likes to tell, while the leader prefers to teach
- A boss gets lost in the details, while the leader keeps the big picture
- A boss rules by fear, while the leader inspires with trust
- A boss likes to talk, while the leader prefers to listen
- A boss wants to dictate, while the leader would rather collaborate
- A boss thinks first about profit, while the leader thinks first about people
- A boss gets lost in process, while the leader gets absorbed in performance
- A boss is a disabler, while the leader is an enabler
- A boss criticizes, while the leader coaches
- A boss demotivates with impassiveness, while a leader inspires with caring & empathy
“Leaders do whatever it takes to maximize their employees’ engagement; while bosses just want to enjoy the privileges of their position.” Author, Too Many Bosses, Rajeev Peshawaria
Be a Leader NOT a Boss!